Monday, March 14, 2011

LAKERS LATEST

LOS ANGELES LAKERS 96-91 DALLAS MAVERICKS

Dec 8, 2010; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant (24) reacts during the game against the Los Angeles Clippers at the Staples Center. The Lakers defeated the Clippers 87-86. Photo via Newscom

Kobe Bryant overcame some struggles last night, playing like a maverick as he led his Los Angeles Lakers to a 96-91 win over Dallas. "I thought I was done, like done. I was praying that when I stood up, my foot was lined up straight,'' Kobe said of his ankle. "I thought I dislocated it.'' Bean gave everyone in Lakerland a scare when he hobbled off the floor in the third quarter but he returned mid-way through the fourth. Kobe showed his die-hard competitive spirit saying "It was a little sore. But I had to stop being a chump, suck it up and go out and play," but still Phil Jackson is unsure whether his team captain will play Monday against the Orlando Magic. Kobe scored 16 but was instrumental in the run that kept the Lakers ahead for good. When Kobe was out reserve guard Steve Blake drummed up two three point baskets that helped the Lakers case. Against these Texas rangers Kobe and his Lake Show displayed true grit. TIM DAVID HARVEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment