Monday, December 6, 2010

LAKERS LATEST

LOS ANGELES, CA - JANUARY 18: Jerry West speaks to the media during a Northern Trust Press Conference at The Riviera Country Club on January 18, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

Los Angeles will be the city that holds the 2011 NBA All-Star Game but the Staples Centre will be unveiling more than the best players the NBA have to offer on that day. Another Lakers legend will join Magic Johnson and Chick Hearn and be immortalised in a statue. A statue of a sky hooking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar could join his former teammate outside of the arena one day but it will be on the logo, Jerry West who will finally be honored. "It's about time", Kobe Bryant said-a player that West brought in as a GM-proving that West has done much for the Lakers than just in his legendary playing days. West obviously appreciates this honor but is a little embarrassed, "I would love to have a bunch of the players I played with up there with me if that's going to be honored. That doesn't define who I am. Whoever decided to do this, I'm extremely grateful and I don't want to feel like I don't care. But it's a lot more about teams than individuals," 'Mr. Clutch' said. The 1969 MVP will always be with the Lakers and once February comes that will be even more literal. TIM DAVID HARVEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment