Sunday, April 14, 2019

#PoetsCorner THE LAKE SHOW REDEMPTION

Well our regular season came to a close and eight teams from the West compete for the gold. We find ourselves missing the playoffs for the sixth season in a row as a lot of fans will hang their heads, but when your blood is purple and gold our team will never be dead.

We all thought (myself included) we would make the top eight this year at the start of the season. Hell I even said to my good friend (what up Tim! (what up Stock!))) we could reach the finals. Now I know what your thinking I have no clue, but Basketball the greatest game ever played can surprise you and after our game at Christmas we stood in a position well on our way. But then the plague of injuries struck our team like a dunk from Zion Williamson down. And just when we thought it couldn’t get worse, Magic flipped the locker room upside down in the A.Davis trade talk, but well karma is indeed a bitch (thanks for nothing Magic).

Now the lastest is we decided to let our coach go after three years. All I can say to that is good luck Luke and thank you. The blame can't all be put on him so I really do wish him all the best.

So what happens now? Well rumors are flying about possible coaches and free agency, but our main focus should be the draft and making that 2% chance for the first pick turn into something more.

As for they players we have Kuz, McGee and KCP really stood out for me this season as well as the call ups from South Bay (pro contracts are coming in the post boys). Of course King James has spoke out and promised us a better him next season and with a few additions from the free agency (Kyrie....just saying), there is no reason why we cant finish in the top eight next season.

I am gonna finish off here by saying no matter how much bad times come our way I don't speak alone when I preach I am Lakers 'till my dying day. Lets hit the ground running next season. It's time for the Lake Show Redemption. DAN STOCKER.

No comments:

Post a Comment