Friday, March 15, 2019

#PoetsCorner '6 Things To Take From The 6'

LOOK I’ve got to say after last nights game I wasn’t disappointed with the way we played. I mean bear in mind the Raptors could win in it all this season, we actually gave them a game. The scores were close from start to finish like a horse race and times it was like a game of H.O.R.S.E. was going on as both teams had an answer for the other.

With that in mind here is six things I think we can take from our game in The 6:

1# WE GAVE THEM A GAME! I mean I know it's not the result any Laker fan wanted, but in the place where we are right now coming to the end of the regular season it was good to see us actually playing good basketball. Again it just shows we can play well I mean who knows maybe the Weak Show can become the Lake Show again. Stranger Things have happened like LeBron playing well again and laying off the wine.

2# LINSANITY LIVES ON! I remember when the scoring and assist phenom signed with us a few years back from the Knicks. I honstley thought Lin plus Kobe in the backcourt would equal NBA Finals. But here's a life lesson for you people, things don’t always go how you expect them to and for the Lakers that no exception. Case and point this current NBA Season. That being said however Lin seem to being performing like the player I thought he could be and is know a key piece to the Raptors team.

3# GASOL MAKING IN RAIN! Some people might not know this but back before he was in the NBA the Lakers had the rights to Marc Gasol. Though they were traded away (Magic were you visiting the front office that day?). We did end up with his older brother Pau and he went on to help us win back to back championships (the famous 2 PEET). Last night though I was amazed to see Gasol making it rain and shooting from beyond the arc. He was a killer and it just makes me think yet another player we let slip through out fingers.

4# OPEN THREES, NOT IN L.A.! Even though we played well we still remain the worst team in the league when it comes to open look 3 point shots. Reggie, I told you to leave those bricks in the Windy City. I mean this is a fact people. But then again does it matter? Well all I'm going to say is open look shots should be getting drained. Look why do you think Golden State are where they are? It'st not all down to the snake who could be slithering to New York.

5# KAWHI LEONARD KING OF THE 6: There is no question the Raptors getting Leonard is the reason they are where they are. He is leading that team to the promised land and although he has been linked with us in the offseason, I really think its best for him to stay right where he is and build a legacy there. Could the Raptors be the new Golden State?

6# A NEW FOR US! Tonight we head to the Motor City to play the Pistons and honestly if we play with this energy I really think we will leave 8 Mile road with a W. It's true nothing is certain but I believe the odds are actually in our favour for once. LETS GO LAKE SHOW. DAN STOCKER.

No comments:

Post a Comment