Friday, March 8, 2019

#PoetsCorner 'The Fall Without The Rise, The King's Demise'

(For those that don’t know me I go by the name Raw Poet. Other than writing records and producing music my other love is...well read on and you will understand. Here is my new regular column for #LakeShowView 'Poets Corner')

Look, where I'm from your either a football fan (Soccer) or rugby (American Football). But for a 11 year old kid when an American Basketball coach came in to my high school and introduced me to the greatest game ever played I was hooked. I mean it was love at first swish. I chose to follow the LA Lakers as it was the only team I was familiar with. 16 years later after struggles, nearly losing one, if not the best basketball player of all time, I witnessed us win to championship back to back (2Peat). Then to see us fall and become a non playoff team as we are now know.

See Basketball is my life and Lakers are and will forever be my love. Staying up 'till the early hours to watch every Laker game, having no sleep, that has become the norm for me and I would never change that. However this season has got to be one of the most tragic I have seen, so as I write this I ask myself what has made this so. I mean we have spent the last 3 or 4 years drafting young players to build the new look Lakers or so I thought. As in the off-season we let one of the best physical Power Forwards leave so we could make room for an aged wine player LeBron James, as well as trading Russell because someone in the front office didn’t think he was a leader. Though it’s Brooklyn that now have the last laugh on that one, singing thank you Lakers chants. But ok, we still have a list of young names on our team ready and showing growth, so it make sense to put them all up in a trade for one player who LeBron wanted to play with right? WRONG! Since then the team has not been the same I mean would you be if you worked your butt off only to be told your dispensable? I wouldn't be and sure some fan can point the finger at our coach Luke Walton and maybe he aint the man for the job. But I point my finger at the front office and LeBron James. The STD that is spreading through the locker room. He did it in Cleveland and now he is doing it in LA. It’s all dummy spitting and "I want, I want." Didn’t your mum ever tell you LeBron, "I want" never gets.

So I come to this point in the season were I stay up to watch a team I love play all over the show, not Lake Show Basketball and honestly it sickens me. I now just want the season to be over, but I am glad LeBron is being put on limited minutes because now it’s time for the young core to step up when they are fit again. The question I will leave you with is, should they step up? I mean would you if the front office was so willing to get rid of all of them? DAN STOCKER.

No comments:

Post a Comment