Thursday, February 10, 2011

LAKERS LATEST

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 11: (L-R) Carmelo Anthony and Boobie Smooth attend The Jordan Brand Athlete Carmelo Anthony Launch of Jordan Brand Melo M7 Performance Shoe in Harlem NYC at House of Hoops by Foot Locker on December 11, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Donald Bowers/Getty Images for Jordan Brand)

All these Carmelo Anthony trade speculations may be fascinating for fans but the Lakers aren't entertaining the news. Bynum is remaining focused, telling press, "I'm going to keep playing basketball. That's all I can do. It's not really in my power. I can't control it." Carmelo himself has said, "Every day is something different. I guess now is the Lakers. Until I hear something from the people that I'm supposed to hear something from, then I don't pay no attention to it." The latest buzz sees 'Melo and teammate Al Harrington coming over for Bynum and Artest. A move that would gain L.A. another franchise player for their future star, but one that would see them lose a league leading defender for a great player, albeit one that is similar to Lamar Odom. Sure Anthony would be great for the Lakers, but as Kobe says, Bynum is "extremely important" to L.A. While Jackson joked, "I told Derrick Caracter that if Denver gave us Anthony straight up, then we would trade Derrick Caracter for Anthony. That's the only trade I want on this basketball club if that's one that works out." What do you think the Lake Show should do? Sound off in our comments section below. TIM DAVID HARVEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment